How facial biometric benefit banks
As the world transitions to online banking, banks and their customers have prioritized digital security. In the past, SMS passwords appeared to be adequate. Cybercriminals, on the other hand, are now employing more sophisticated methods, such as spoofing. As a result, banks must now implement additional security measures. Passwords and pin codes are easy targets for today’s hackers, but facial biometric verification (liveness check) is a different story.
What is Liveness check exactly?
Liveness is a biometric facial recognition technology that assists businesses in ensuring that users are physically present during identity checks.
- The technology determines whether a user’s face is genuine (rather than a mask, video, photo, or other forms of impersonation) by making the following checks:
- The user is genuine
- The background is genuine
- The texture of the face is genuine
When can liveness be beneficial?
- Liveness assists with customer onboarding as well as providing secure and streamlined access to existing accounts, which benefits both the business and the customer:
- Liveness can be used on its own or as part of KYC/AML procedures. This can aid regulated banks in the following areas:
- Maintaining compliance with AML regulations
- Quickly and easily onboarding customers
Advantages of Liveness:
The solution can be easily integrated with the bank’s website or mobile app via SDK, API for a quick customer onboarding process.
Better customer experience:
FACEKI provides improved security and convenience. Because of liveness, banks can eliminate the need for additional equipment and human operators, resulting in significant cost savings. Meanwhile, clients benefit from a secure authentication method that takes only 2-4 seconds to complete on any device, all while abandoning outdated security protocols like passwords, pin codes, and physical branch visits.